Thinking about updating your home before selling? You will want to consider the Cost of the improvement versus the actual increase in the sale value for San Diego area homes. Here are the 2015 top 10 home improvement projects that pay back the highest value. For every dollar you pay, how much will you get back on average. See the online Remodeling full report.
Midrange Improvements Cost vs. Value
1. Siding Replacement (Vinyl) 102.9%
2. Deck Addition (Wood) 102.8%
3. Entry Door Replacement (Steel) 96.4%
4. Garage Door Replacement 90.1%
5. Stone Veneer Accent 93.2%
6. Attic Bedroom Remodel 82.0%
7. Entry Door Replacement (Fiberglass) 80.4%
8. Roofing Replacement 78.8%
9. Window Replacement (Vinyl or Wood) 78.4%
10. Minor Kitchen Remodel 77.8%
Before starting your home improvement projects, to prepare for selling a home, consult an experienced Realtor who can help guide you to avoid costly upgrades that might not add value to your home. For more suggestions see 4 Tips Guaranteed to Sell Your Home.
Virginia Hall, CRS, ABR, CNE
Keller Williams Realty